As fall sets in, I’ve coined a new term, velomycology, the search for mushrooms by bicycle, and I find myself slowing to look for birch boletes, shaggy manes, candy caps, and other fall mushrooms on my commute (it’s one way to look forward to the cold and rain!). Last week, while practicing velomycology in the dirt under some bushes between an Amoco station and busy Delridge way, I found a heart-shaped mushroom (Scleroderma areolatum).
In other news:
- The Commute By Bike site is back alive and kicking
- The Bike Gallery team got the crazy idea to race a Madsen in the world’s largest cyclocross race.
- Meligrosa and Adrienne went for a long ride. In helmets, no less!
- Cyclicious posted about this victory for cycling to school.
- Heidi Swift stopped to take some photos of this awesome Boatfiets in Portland.
And now this little bike poem, found via Urban Simplicity: